Licensing of activities is a generally accepted world practice. The state uses licenses to grant businesses permission to operate in certain areas, thereby protecting the end consumers of products or services. The Republic of Lithuania is no exception in this matter — you also have to obtain licenses and permits for doing a certain business in the country.
Compulsory Licensing of Activities in Lithuania
The following activities in the Republic of Lithuania require licenses and permits:
- Gas transportation and storage, as well as gas supply;
- Trade in petroleum products;
- Insurance and brokerage;
- Hotel and restaurant activities;
- Production of securities, letterheads, labels, official signs;
- Trade in weapons, ammunition, operation of shooting ranges;
- Production of fire protection and fire safety equipment;
- Construction of residential and non-residential facilities;
- Construction of heating and hot water supply systems and their maintenance;
- Research, production, storage and wholesale of drugs and medicinal substances;
- Pharmaceutical activity;
- Outpatient and inpatient medical services;
- Production, purchase, supply, collection, storage, use of toxic substances;
- Pharmaceutical activity;
- Storage of potatoes, vegetables, fruits, grain;
- Import and export of agricultural products;
- Manufacture, wholesale and retail trade in alcoholic and tobacco products;
- Growing tobacco;
- Trade in antiques;
- Retail trade in gasoline, diesel fuel, liquefied gas, biodiesel for vehicles;
- Employment of citizens abroad;
- International passenger and cargo transportation by water;
- Freight and passenger railway transportation;
- Passenger transportation by bus, car;
- Passenger transportation by taxi;
- Air transportation;
- Implementation of training programmes for basic vocational education;
- Production of state flags, automobile flags and table flags;
- Radio and TV broadcasting by terrestrial stations and cable networks;
- Provision of postal and courier services;
- Management of large lotteries, board games, gambling and betting;
- and others.
This is a short list of activities in the Republic of Lithuania that require permits and licenses. If you want to find out whether your company needs a licensed permit, where to get a license in Lithuania for the type of activity of your company, and what documents are needed for this, write or call Lano Solutions. Our team of lawyers will advise you on doing business in the country, consult you about obtaining a license in Lithuania and the need for a license permit based on the industry, and also help you in preparing and submitting documents to the appropriate authority.
The Lano Solutions team has successfully helped obtain a type of activity licenses and permits for many companies, including a license for the wholesale trade in pharmaceuticals in the EU, for currency exchange in Estonia and Lithuania, for international cargo transportation for a German carrier. Fill out the feedback form on the website, and we will be happy to help you in obtaining a license for your business in Lithuania.
Where and How to Get a License for an Activity In Lithuania
The issuance of state permits in Lithuania has a certain execution system. The country has no single body where you can get any required license. However, a number of industry authorities issue permits and licenses for a particular type of activity to companies in a particular field of business.
Authorities in Lithuania that issue licenses and permits:
- Bank of Lithuania
- Securities Commission
- State Automobile Transport Inspection
- State Commission for Control of Prices and Energy
- Ministry of Health
- State Service for Technological Security of Documents
- Cultural Heritage Protection Department
- Ministry of Communications
- Lithuanian Financial Market Authority
- National Payment Agency
- State Railway Inspectorate
- Public Health Service
- State Service for Control of Medicines
- Ministry of Education and Science
- Ministry of Agriculture
- Police Department
- Fire and Rescue Department
- State Border Service
- State Service for Seeds and Grains
- State Service for Plant Protection
- Insurance Supervisory Commission
- Department of Physical Education and Sports
- Lithuanian Archives Department
- Armoury Fund
- State Food and Veterinary Service
- State Service for Control of Tobacco and Alcohol
- Lithuanian Radio and Television Commission
- State Commission for Control of Gambling
- Communication Authority
- City halls
Before applying for a license for a type of activity in Lithuania, you should submit an application to one of these authorities. The procedures for obtaining a license and the list of documents that must be provided along with the application differ not only depending on the industry but also on the type of company’s activities. For example, a license for the wholesale trade in alcoholic and tobacco products has to be obtained from the State Service for Control of Tobacco and Alcohol. But the license for retail trade in alcoholic beverages and tobacco products is issued by local city halls.
Consulting and comprehensive support for obtaining a license for a type of activity
The Lano Solutions legal team provides license obtaining services in Lithuania. We will help you in all matters related to the preparation of documents for obtaining licenses in Lithuania, as well as take on all bureaucratic tasks by power of attorney, if necessary.
How we cooperate:
- Consultation. Our lawyers will advise you, taking into account the scope of your company, determine what license you need, what papers are needed for this and where they should be submitted;
- Preparation of documents. Having received all the data from you, the lawyers proceed with the preparation of the necessary papers and filling out an application for a license.
- Support. You pay the cost of services, as well as draw up a power of attorney for our employee. He/she will represent your interests in all instances where you need to apply for a license. The employee prepares various types of documents, submits an application to the service, then we wait for a response from the licensing institution, and you take the license when it is ready.
Order a call through the feedback form, and we will contact you for further cooperation.